I am so fascinated by some of the articles uploaded on a few well maintained web sites. I am sure everyone will have something to know and to share from those wonderful sites.
Like our universe, web is so vast, and of course there can be better sites other than mentioned here. If i go through them, definitely I will share the URLs or articles accordingly.
This page is dedicated for those who aspire the world of web site designing.
- Humans can only focus on one thing at a time. So why are we spending money to display multiple things simultaneously?
- 7 Common Project Management Problems (And How to Solve Them)
Seven project management problems that designers and developers often face, as well as how to deal with them when they arise.
- 12 UX Rules Every Designer Should Know
In design, the most helpful type of listening is conscious listening, otherwise known as "active listening."
- 5 Psychology Rules Every UX Designer Must Know
Men and women see colors differently. Research has found that people will form an opinion about things within 90 seconds, and that color influences up to 90 percent of the opinion people form. The color you use for your design alone can make it a failure or success.
Web Site Designing
- 60 Questions to Consider When Designing a Website
A checklist of sorts: 60 specific questions that web professionals should ask themselves before taking their website public.
- Ultimate Guide to Website Wireframing
Wireframing is an important part of the design process, especially for more complex projects.
- 20 HTML Best Practices You Should Follow
20 best practices that will lead to clean and correct markup.
- 5 Web Files That Will Improve Your Website
Enhance your site with a few simple but powerful files.
- Guidelines to an Effective Landing Page
Landing page is a web page that asks users to perform a specific task such as purchasing something or subscribing to an email mailing list.
- Structural Naming Convention in CSS
some guidelines on practical applications of structural naming conventions.
- 12 Common CSS Mistakes Web Developers Make
CSS is one complicated system, especially when doing it in a professional, high-scale, high-performance level
- Google HTML/CSS Style Guide
Great code has many attributes. It's effective, efficient, maintainable, elegant. great code needs to also be consistent and easy to understand. For that purpose there are style guides
Psychology & Web Designing
- Human Behavior Theories That Can be Applied to Web Design
Psychology concepts and theories in the context of web design, usability, and UI interaction.
- Understanding Your Brain for Better Design: Left vs. Right
An accurate understanding of the left and right brain can help one to become more productive, efficient, and creative.
- 10 Unusual Places to Get Design Inspiration
To create extraordinary design, search in new places besides CSS galleries and showcases.
Web Analytics & other tools
- 10 Promising Free Web Analytics Tools
10 excellent and free tools and applications to help you gather and analyze data about your web content.
- The Top 15 Google Products for People Who Build Websites
Check out some of the best Google products for developing, analyzing, maintaining and tinkering with websites.
- Top Five Best Database Management Tools
Top five most popular/most voted for database management tools.
- User-Friendly SEO
Understanding of SEO practices that work together to create highly effective sites.
- Web designers, what to look for in a CMS
Every person is different and what CMS works for me might not be the best option for you. Complicated back-ends and lack of features means more development time and more time training clients.
Online Payment Systems
- 10 Excellent Online Payment Systems
Many of the companies on this list have been available to online merchants for years, many are also now getting into new areas of online payments such as social commerce and in-store online card reader systems.
- 25 Photoshop Tutorials for Web Designers
Tutorials that include creating full web page templates, navigation menus, headers, and content boxes.
- 24 Useful Tutorials on Creating Photoshop Brushes
Creating Photoshop brushes is easier than you think; check out these handy tutorials on Photoshop brush creation.
- 40+ Useful Cheat Sheets for Designers
The best cheat for graphic designers for either the Mac or the Windows operating systems
- 30+ Great Logos with Smart Concepts
Great collection of smart logos...
- Smart Logos with Hidden Symbolism
Logos can convey many ideas in one simple design...
- The psychology of logo design
From a psychological perspective, there’s nothing more relevant than shape. The human brain is hardwired to understand and memorize shapes. It’s the way we learn things. A distinctive shape is remembered long after we have seen it. Do you remember the shape of Nike’s logo? The McDonalds sign? Or perhaps the Olympic Games symbol?
- 30+ Logo Stats and Facts
Logo Statistics from the Fortune 500 List Research