Soy milk is one of the various soy products available. Soy milk is also referred to as soya milk, soy juice or soybean milk. This beverage can be prepared at home with the help of soy milk machine or some kitchen tools. One easy way to make it is by soaking soybeans and then grinding them with water. This liquid is then strained, which in turn gives soy milk.
The soy milk which is available in the market contains added calcium and vitamins. These added nutrients can cause organic soy milk dangers, which in the long run can cause a lot of internal damage to the person consuming it. In order to give it a milky appearance, it is mixed with oil, water, sugar, stabilizer, etc. Many people opt for different flavors of soy milk, like vanilla and chocolate flavor. Dangers of soy milk are more prominent in people who consume it very often in large amounts.
- Soy milk is high in phytic acids which results in low absorption of certain minerals and vitamins.
- The level of phytoestrogen is high in soy milk, which decreases the testosterone present in the male body. It also affects the production of sperms. Phytoestrogen also leads to early puberty and early developments of adolescents. These are a few of the soy milk dangers for men.
- In females, soy milk can lead to abnormalities in the reproductive tract, which can give rise to infertility. These soy milk dangers for women should be taken care of, else, they can become intense.
- Isoflavones present in soy milk causes diseases like leukemia and breast cancer.
- It can also cause thyroid disorders like hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer. People who consume soy milk very often can suffer from autoimmune thyroid disease.
- The presence of toxic aluminum in soy milk can also affect the nervous system and the kidneys in a negative way.
- Soy milk can also contribute to endometrial cancer in females.
- In some cases, it is also causes dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, colitis and may increase or decrease the pulse rate.
- Very often, soy milk causes runny nose and nasal congestion.
- Some of the soy milk dangers for children are learning disorders, attention deficit disorder, dyslexia, etc. It can also cause pancreatic and growth related problems.
- At times, the amount of manganese present in soy milk is large enough to cause damage to the cortex.
- This can also develop allergies like congestion, coughing, sneezing, etc. in some people.
- It also contributes to skin problems like sudden and severe eczema, acne, blisters, canker sores, swelling and hives.
- In severe cases, it can also cause a problem in swallowing and can also cause anaphylactic shock.
- Soy milk can also affect the energy levels and sleep.
- Wheezing, fatigue and fever are the other symptoms observed as a reaction to soy milk.
- The protein enzyme inhibitors present in soy milk, block the action of trypsin and enzymes which are required for protein digestion.
- In some cases, it can give rise to chronic pain. Mostly, people suffering from asthma are prone to this kind of disorders.
- If soy milk is consumed in large amounts, it can lead to stomach problems.
- The soy milk estrogen is harmful for babies.